Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Harry Potter Invitation

Have I ever told you how busy this time of year is? In addition to having a baby on the same day as my little girl, the holidays and the new year, I also have 2 more birthdays in a span of 4 days. Crazy, right? That means in a one month period, 4 out of the 6 of us have our birthdays..and Christmas is squeezed in between!

Usually I don't go all out for birthdays, but one thing I truly enjoy doing is making the invitations for the party!  It's what gets someone excited for what's to come, right?!  This year marks a big birthday in our house as my oldest turned 8 yesterday! Yikes! (To be honest, makes me feel just a bit old!) He has requested a Harry Potter party, so to help set the mood, I came up with this:


We started with the owl, since my son thinks they are just the coolest things around..(with moveable wings, of course)..

and every owl MUST carry his important messages..all tied neatly with a little twine from the Twinery.

The message told the friends of the fun that will be happening (except I messed up and put 2011 instead of 2012..still hard to remember!). One of my favorite things is finding the perfect font. Did you know you can find a Harry Potter font right HERE. Pretty fun.

And there you have it. A quick invitation for a party that is sure to turn a bunch of muggle children into wizards!
I also wanted to quickly announce that I will be starting to sell my invitations and party accessories in my new shop starting next week. You will be able to buy a digital download of the party to print as you please!  And so you know, I got some kinks worked out and the shop is stocked with 5x7 and 8x10 overstock items.  They are going fast so go and check them out!

Pin It


3 comments:

Blossom said...

These invitations are just amazing! I´d love to have a Harry-Potter-Birthday-Party for myself. :D

Dani Queiroz de Souza said...

Your are going to share your ideas for the party itself, right? My son is turning 8 this year and I'd love to give him a Harry Potter party.
Hugs from Brazil

Allie & Chris said...

that is the most creative thing i've ever seen! holy cute! i seriously love your work and love your blog!

follow mine, if you wish of course...

http://allieandhusband.blogspot.com

allie